blog comments powered by Disqus
simple and delicious: Taco Soup recipe
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pkgs taco seasoning
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1 10oz can Rotel (diced tomatos and green chiles)
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 3 15oz cans kidney beans (dark and/or light)
- 1 25oz can chopped or diced tomatos
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Tacos/Tortillia chips
- Cook hamburger and salt in sautee pan until thoroughly browned. Drain.
- In 6qt crock pot empty entire cans of Corn, Rotel, Tomatos, Kidney Beans, Black Beans
- Add Taco Seasoning & Hamburger
- Add in tomato juice (you may not use the whole can)
- Cook in crock pot until hot (1-1.5 hours on high for ours)
- Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheddar cheese and broken up tacos/tortilla chips
- We used a package of Mild and an Original package of taco seasoning as well as Original Rotel. I have no tolerance for spicy food and this wasn’t too spicy for me.
- Can sizes don’t have to be exact, these are roughly the can sizes we used.
- We used ~30 oz of tomato juice
- This soup is great with a big glass of milk!
- Also, we were pretty hungry so we ladled out some of the soup into a pot to heat it up quickly for our dinner, and then let the rest of the soup heat up slowly in the crock pot